The philosophy of the service is to reflect and promote values that focus upon the individual being at the centre of the service we provide. To achieve this, Eazy Care has developed the following “Service Values” that form the basis of our individual Care Service:
• Autonomy and independence of personal decision making, including the taking of informed risks as well as responsibilities associated with citizenship.
• Choice of occupational activities, lifestyle, and the best way to maintain independence, including the opportunity to make choices from a range of options.
• Respect for the intrinsic worth, dignity and individuality of the person and his / her racial and ethnic identity and cultural heritage.
• Maximising participation and integration in society, and in the development of plans, policies and decisions affecting the individual’s life.
• Providing information and knowledge about conditions and prospects, options and opportunities, and ways of improving our Service Users lives.
• Supporting Service Users to fulfil their own goals and aspirations in all aspects of daily life, including the chance to develop new skills and knowledge.
• Privacy from unnecessary intrusion, and the preservation of dignity within a safe environment whilst maintaining confidentiality.
• Equality of opportunity and access to services irrespective of age, gender, sexuality, race or ethnic origin, religion, political affiliation, disability or impairment, marital status or parenthood.
The realisation of these Service Values will provide a solid foundation for care, for all Service Users in accordance with Eazy Care’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Complaints Procedures and Quality Assurance Systems (these policies and others can be obtained from the Registered Manager).